Monday, January 16, 2012

Traveling the Loop

We had a great loop through Albuquerque - Phoenix - Las Vegas - Salt Lake City in late November and early December. We spent about 5 days with Lindsey's family in Mesa. Megan left a note at the front door asking if we wanted a peach or chocolate milkshake - check "yes" or "no". Once inside, Jeremy and Tyler immediately confiscated my iPod so they could play Metal Storm: Wingman. I was lucky to get it back before we left. All-in-all it was a great visit. We even got to go to Tyler's school Christmas program.


















Since Lindsey was signed up to replace Gelsey in the Las Vegas half-marathon, we took her on a short road-trip to Vegas. What a great way to get in a good visit. As a structural engineer, I had to make a stop at the Hoover Dam Bridge Bypass (Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge). It's pretty impressive at 270 meters (866 ft) of height, and has a good view from the top. We also had a great visit with my sister Sally and her fam in LV and SLC.


















































Lindsey and Kipp ran the half, with Kipp coming in at 1:38 and Linds at 1:48. I was pretty impressed as I haven't run one that fast (anything over 100 yards is too long for me). We got Lindsey to the airport right after the race, so she could be home in time for Michael to go to work on Monday morning. Fun, fun, fun!




























2 comments:

  1. It definitely sounds like a fun trip! I wish I could have been there to see everyone! I am not exactly sure what is going on at the Hoover Dam, but I believe Westin Joy is doing some engineering work there. Love that last picture. Cracks me up every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun seeing everyone in Las Vegas in a mini family reunion of sorts! I bet the drive from Phoenix to Las Vegas was the best visit you guys have had with Lindsey in years (sans kids and distractions). I wish I could have seen the Hoover Dam with you! And Metal Storm: Wingman? Never heard of that one... I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete