Thursday, October 20, 2016

LATEST PROJECT - OCTOBER 2016


Sorry I've been gone so long.  I'm getting some requests from car-friends regarding my latest project(s).  I finally signed up for Facebook and am getting lots of "Friend" requests from my Swedish Pontiac friends... whom I love, but thought I'd redirect to this blog.  They love their Pontiacs in Sweden, and likely have many of the best survivors.



I picked up this 4-speed, Ram-Air III, 1970 Trans Am recently in Buffalo Wyoming.  Found it with only 65,000 miles, and numbers matching drive-train, in a local body shop.  Same old story... guy brings it in to restore for his wife (25 years ago), and marriage only lasted another year.  Body was virtually rust free, but now ready for final sanding and paint.  Engine and tranny gone-thru, and ready to go.





Car was located next to the shop telephone, and must have over a 100 phone numbers written on the primer.  It was originally delivered to a Pontiac dealership in Ft. Morgan, Colorado.  It's never left the front range.



I remember when these came out in 1970 and was blown away by the style and ground-effects.  It was a radical departure from previous autos.  It was just "Groovy".  The car was available in any color you wanted, as long as it white with a blue strip, or blue with a white stripe (thank you Henry Ford).  I've been looking for one of these as the little brother (sister?.. no one ever told me how to determine the gender of a car) for my '69 Trans Am.

When done it ought to look something like this....





As my PD continues to progress, I'm thinking this is my last car to restore... unless something really good comes along.


No comments:

Post a Comment