Friday, April 8, 2011

Wendy, Gelsey and Lindsey

So... my daughters think that Dad needs a Blog. Maybe, since I tend to be rather anti-social, and hate to talk on the telephone, they're right. In the future, when they call home, I can just say "READ MY BLOG"... Nice!

If you're going to be committed to something, you've got to have a reason. So, I thought I should come up with ten reasons.





















TOP TEN REASONS TO START A BLOG:

10. In retirement there is nothing else to do.
9. The grandkids may think "Papa" is EPIC or SICK if he has a blog. My Shorty may think I'm GROOVY or HIP.
8. It will prove to my daughters that I can do this (even though they had to set it up for me).
7. I can keep family and friends updated on our progress in updating two houses simultaneously.
6. Research shows that we ancient ones should learn new things in order to prevent Alzheimer's Disease, and I need all the help I can get.
5. I can get feedback on my bucket list. Who says wanting to invent a hands-free nose picker isn't something to aspire to?
4. I can keep my motor-head friend updated on the latest Pontiac restoration.
3. Since my Shorty is somewhat computer illiterate, she won't learn how much money I'm spending on the latest Pontiac restoration.
2. I can make things up about my life that are exciting, and people will think they're true.

And the number one reason for my starting a blog:

1. I don't want to use Facebook for social networking, since Mark Zuckerberg stole my idea when he was at Harvard, and I'm still mad about it...

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness I don't have to call you anymore... we can just communicate this way from now on... PHEW! While Bode and Cruze will think Papa is DOPE whether he has a blog or not, I think these are all good reasons for starting a blog... you have a lot of fun things to document (home renovations, car restorations, etc.) and plenty of time to do it (now that you are retired, old man). And we are looking forward to reading all of your exciting life stories, true or not. Keep us updated on the progress of that nose picker... in the past three years I've had to touch more boogers with my bare hands than most people do in a lifetime! And thanks for not jumping on the facebook bandwagon... the few of us anti-facebookers that still exist need to stick together! Lastly, tell your "Shorty" I said "Hello".

    ReplyDelete
  2. And P.S., If learning new things doesn't prevent Alzheimer's Disease, at least you will have written everything down on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, so I thought I posted a comment a few hours ago but apparently it didn't post. Darn iPad. I must admit, I never thought I'd see the day that you would blog! Michael said, "Wow, this is your dad in rare form".

    Those are some great reasons to start a blog. Yes, definitely let us know when you figure out the perfect nose-picker. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man...I can already tell you that you have gone up a notch on my "EPIC" and "SICK" meter because of this blog! Now I know my meters probably don't count for as much as your awesome grandkids', but you know...thought I would let you know anyway. Definitely look forward to reading your blog...hopefully your nose-picker idea doesn't get stolen like your Facebook idea, now that it is out there for everyone to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go girls! I just realized there were older posts. You now have a blog fan from Vegas. So when is our next Polson reunion and when are we meeting in Utah? I have 14 days of work left and as soon as I get Young Women's camp behind me I am free. Wendy, Gelsey, and Lindsey do you have any advice or ideas for girl's camp?

    ReplyDelete