Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

Okay... Some guy stuff. I've been asked to post my cars, so I'll do 1 or 2 per week. For some reason I buy all of my cars when Leslie is out of town. Now, as you might suspect... she doesn't like to leave home without me.

This is my 1969 Pontiac GTO "the Judge". I bought the car in 2002 while Leslie was out of town. I found the car in a farmers field in southeern Idaho, but it was in nice shape. It spent its first 33 years in that dry climate and still had all of its original equipment. We performed a body-off restoration, taking about 8 months.

The Judge is fully PHS (Pontiac Historical Services) documented, and won a gold award at the 2008 POCI (Pontiac / Oakland Club International) meet in Spearfish SD. The car has 55,000 original miles. It is a low optioned car with a ram-air III engine (366 hp), Hurst 4-speed, power steering, cordova top and AM radio. The Liberty Blue color is unusual since over 5000 of the 6725 made were Carousel Red (orange). The white cordova top is very unusual for a Judge. The car is fun, but not easy, to drive. It's pretty much a garage queen as I don't want anything to happen to it.

Contact me at dpolson@bresnan.net for more information (pics and docs).


2 comments:

  1. Bode saw this picture and said, "Blue race car!" He calls my CRV a blue race car, too...

    ReplyDelete