Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Should I Stay or Should I Go" - The Clash

Leslie and I are perplexed... We recently purchased a home in Ft. Collins, Colorado. We're not exactly sure why we did it, because we love Laramie. But, I liked the 5-car garage. Plus, one of my concerns was if anything should happen to me, Les could easily move nearer to Kipp and Gelsey. Our short-term plan is to rent it out. Know anyone that needs a house in Fort Collins?

What about the long term? I think, as we've worked on updating the house, Leslie has come to appreciate it a little more. I'm starting to weigh the differences between living in our old homestead in Laramie, or the new digs in Fort Collins. I also find it interesting that a month after we purchased the house, the Church announced a Temple for Fort Collins... is this karma? I'm sure our Laramie friends will love having access to it.

So, here is my priority list... generally in order of importance to me today. What do you think? Move or not? Stay in Laramie and call the Fort Collins house our get-away cabin? As Joe Strummer of the Clash asks... "There's just one thing I gotta know, Should I Stay or Should I Go"?














3 comments:

  1. Looks like it is a toss up! 8 checks for Ft. Collins, 8 for Laramie. I vote for Laramie, with FoCo as the second home. But then again, I haven't seen the Fort Collins home on the inside, so I guess it is hard to say. Fort Collins is pretty cool, and it would be nice to be close to Gels, but I am a little attached to Laramie. :) Cn't wait to see more updates on the houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a tough one for me. While I have sentimental attachment to Laramie (and to the house in Laramie... I would be so sad to see it sold), I obviously would love for you guys to live in Fort Collins. So if I HAD to vote, I would say Fort Collins. To tip the scales in Fort Collins favor, I will remind you that you will probably see your Laramie friend just as often (if not more often) if you live here. I am sure most of them make frequent trips to FoCo or Denver and would usually make plans to go out of their way to see you. And, your grandkids sporting event will be more fun for you to attend than Cowboys sporting events before long... :)
    That being said, the most important thing is that both you and mom are on board 100% with the move. Your happiness is more important that my selfish desire to have the two of you nearby. I think that you will both have a better feel for what to do after you have had a year or so to feel this retirement thing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the conundrum. We've gone through big choices lately too and there's not always a clear-cut answer. We'll come visit you no matter where you are. I personally don't know how you guys still manage those Laramie winters, but I know you have a lot of history there and it's hard to let it go. I think you guys could be very happy in either place, but maybe a bit warmer in FoCo;) I'm excited to see the new house next month!

    ReplyDelete