Monday, July 25, 2011

Road Trip

Leslie and I recently returned from a great road trip. We made our third trip to Minneapolis since the beginning of the year. This time it was to try to assist Wendy and Cameron with their move into their new home, and to take them some furniture. We delivered Wendy's hand carved Malaysian chamfer chest. Someday the girls will get all of their stuff.

We strategically planned our arrival when all of the heavy lifting was done, figuring that was for the younger set. We did manage to find a couple of things to help with, however. It's a beautiful house, and now it's comforting knowing the setting they are in.

























We hit Rapid City on the return trip to see our friends Len and Maggie. They're old Laramie friends that we really enjoy seeing. Len is a professor at Black Hills State, and is pretty "quirky". Maggie is an educational consultant of some sort, but she's so quiet about it I think she must work for the CIA. There's never a dull moment when you're around L&M.

We got to meet their new and happy grandson, Henry, this trip.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! Hopefully we'll be able to see the new house sometime. "Quirky" friends are the best! They make life interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Looks like I maybe ate you and Mom, since you guys aren't in the picture and I am looking so huge! LOL! It was so fun having you guys...wish I had taken more pictures while you guys were here. You guys were SOOO helpful! Thanks again for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have joined you guys on the road trip, but somehow I think the 2 extra kids might have complicated things a bit! Hopefully I will make it to see Wendy's new digs soon! And I think it is great that you still get to see your old friends on occasion... I wish they all still lived nearby! Does Len still have the stamp mobile?

    ReplyDelete